WV One - At the heart of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton is one of Britain's newest cities, with magnificent buildings, churches and open spaces reflecting its history. The City Centre is an economic powerhouse employing tens of thousands of people, mainly in the retail and service sector, and has a large university presence.
The City Centre is a flourishing shopping destination housing both big name stores and independent shops. Wolverhampton also has a thriving cultural and nightlife to offer with theatres, cinemas, art gallery and concert venues complemented by a host of clubs, bars, restaurants and cafés.
WV One is a city centre partnership which works in a co-ordinated and proactive way across the city to attract new investment, shopping and leisure facilities and to encourage continued improvement in the city's environment, safety and access. To get involved click here.
New developments underway offer an exciting opportunity to develop Wolverhampton into a modern and mature city for the 21st Century. Multi-million pound investments will improve the retail and leisure offering along with an enhanced transport gateway and more City Centre homes ensuring Wolverhampton City Centre is a vibrant and thriving place to live, work, visit and shop.
Follow us on:
- Historic Wolverhampton street secures Lottery support
- Pubwatch - Giving The Night-Time Economy a Voice
- A Smart Move for Penny Farthing
- Quality on the Corner for 60 Years
- Long Standing City Centre Carpet Specialists
- Keeping it in the Family at Millers Jewellers
- Radio User of the Month Award
- CitySafe - Working Together to Keep Crime Down
- Putting Antiques Avenue on the Market Map
- Love Your Independents
- Business Improvement District Moves a Step Closer
- City Centre MP Presents Award To Curry Capital Team
- Every Little Helps Wolverhampton Portas Project
- MP Visits Idea2Reality Portas Winners
- Fund of £200,000 for Mentoring Package Open to Wolverhampton Retailers
- Bistro cooks up a tasty treat for city centre
- Rewarding Top Independent Customer Service
- People urged to help plan the future of the city centre
- Buy Local Campaign Launched
- Thought provoking show is a hit
- Portas Pilot nets another catch for Wolverhampton
- New Chair Heralds New Era for City Centre Partnership
- Memorial to war hero restored to former glory
- Wolverhampton Appoints High Street Champion
- Punching above Weight to Claim Third Place
- Wolverhampton - Into the Light - Enchanted City
- What The Hell Are You Doing?
- Military Wives help Haven celebrate 40th Anniversary
- Merry Knitmas to You All!
- Coffee, Cake & Chat to support Cancer Charity
- Iconic Youth Facility moves a step closer
- Social Media Cafe can provide new ideas
- Portas Competition Launched To Find New Businesses 07.11.12
- Huge Demand for Privilege Card 20.12.2012
- WISP Keeps Shoppers Entertained
- Wolverhampton is Hungry to be Curry Capital 2012