WV One - At the heart of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton is one of Britain's newest cities with magnificent buildings, churches and open spaces reflecting its history. The City Centre is an economic powerhouse employing tens of thousands of people mainly in the retail and service sector and has a large University presence.
The City Centre is a flourishing shopping destination housing both big name stores and independent shops. Wolverhampton also has a thriving cultural and nightlife to offer with theatres, cinemas, art gallery and concert venues complemented by a host of clubs, bars, restaurants and cafés.
WV One is a city centre partnership which works in a co-ordinated and proactive way across the city to attract new investment, shopping and leisure facilities and to encourage continued improvement in the city's environment, safety and access. To get involved click here.
New developments underway offer an exciting opportunity to develop Wolverhampton into a modern and mature city for the 21st Century. Multi-million pound investments will improve the retail and leisure offering along with an enhanced transport gateway and more City Centre homes ensuring Wolverhampton City Centre is a vibrant and thriving place to live, work, visit and shop.
Follow us on:
- Latest Portas Shop showcases start-up businesses in the city centre
- Interchange mural celebrates regeneration and growth
- Portas cash pays off in Wolverhampton with the first winner opening its doors
- Free Stall Opportunity to Celebrate City’s Markets
- Exotic Start for Curry Capital Bid
- Art Gallery named as top City Treasure
- Craft Business To Sell Local Products From Local People
- New project launched to celebrate Wolverhampton trade
- Popular Taxi Marshal Scheme Extended
- Free Card Has Ever-Increasing Membership
- Winning Project for Independents
- Shout Out for Wolverhampton
- Try Something New at Twilight
- Portas Pilots, Partners and Progress
- Roving Reporters
- Entrepreneurs close in on £50,000 prize
- City Centre Hosts Young Enterprise Trade Fair
- Ring, Park and Go in the City Centre!
- Bus Station wins City Award
- Businesses Urged to Take Up Grant Support
- City Centre Promotional Space For Hire
- EAT! Up Before It's Gone
- Social Media Cafe can provide new ideas
- Stylish Store Revamp 06.05.2013
- City Treasure discusses Wolverhamptons' Culture
- Wolverhampton Hour gets People Tweeting 17.12.12
- Portas Competition Launched To Find New Businesses 07.11.12
- Huge Demand for Privilege Card 20.12.2012
- WISP Keeps Shoppers Entertained
- Wolverhampton is Hungry to be Curry Capital 2012
- Head to Toe Treatment at Sapphire Blue
- Sparkling Independent Service
- Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
- Chuggers Curtailed!