City Centre Events for Fairtrade Fortnight
23rd February 2012
Residents and businesses in Wolverhampton are being encouraged to help Take a Step for Fairtrade and switch to buying or offering Fairtrade products such as tea, coffee or sugar during Fairtrade Fortnight.
Wolverhampton has been a Fairtrade City for eight years, and the Wolverhampton Fairtrade Partnership has arranged a series of events and activities to mark Fairtrade Fortnight which starts this Saturday February 25 and runs until March 11. These events include a special service at St Peter’s Collegiate Church from 3pm on Sunday February 26th, a Fairtrade Quiz at the University of Wolverhampton’s Student Union from 7pm on Friday March 2nd and a sale of Fairtrade gifts, food and crafts at the Civic Centre, Tuesday March 6th to Thursday March 8th from 10am - 4pm
A full list of events during Fairtrade Fortnight, along with a host of other information about Fairtrade, can be found at www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/fairtrade.
The efforts of Wolverhampton’s Fairtrade pioneers have been praised by International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell, who was in the city centre on Friday. He met representatives from the Wolverhampton Fairtrade Partnership and Revolver World, a community co-operative set-up by sister company Revolver Records to sell Fairtrade coffee in Uganda and Tanzania.
Fairtrade products can be found in numerous shops, cafe’s and churches throughout t the city centre including Yates, Don Salvo, Midcounties Co-op, Marks & Spencer, Wolverhampton Art Gallery Cafe, St Peter’s Cafe, Costa Coffee and Greggs. Darlington Street Methodist Church run a Fairtrade Store with food, beauty products and clothing every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell, with Wolverhampton Mayor Bert Williams and Lord Turner.
Sep 23, 2014Black Country Echoes of the Past
Sep 19, 2014Fast Food Flair in Broad Street
Sep 18, 2014More Than Just High Viz!
Sep 18, 2014Zuri - Coffee & Wraps with a Zing
Sep 18, 2014Gold Leaf Adds Lustre to Grand Theatre’s 120 Year Celebrations
Sep 18, 2014Italian Cuisine at Rocco
Sep 18, 2014Take a Virtual Tour of Intricut Crafts
Sep 18, 2014Love Locks for One Direction at Light House
Jul 28, 2014Ciao Italiano!
Jul 17, 2014
WVone News Archives2010 News Archives
- Hallowed Turf at the Arena Theatre
- Black Country Echoes of the Past
- Fast Food Flair in Broad Street
- More Than Just High Viz!
- Zuri - Coffee & Wraps with a Zing
- Gold Leaf Adds Lustre to Grand Theatre’s 120 Year Celebrations
- Italian Cuisine at Rocco
- Take a Virtual Tour of Intricut Crafts
- Love Locks for One Direction at Light House
- Ciao Italiano!
- Last Night of the.....Pythons
- BBC’s World War One At Home Tour comes to Wolverhampton
- Celebrate Independent Retail in Wolverhampton
- Supermarket site near completion
- Hola to a spicy street trader!
- Happy 1st Birthday Shop in the Square!
- Archive project wins Heritage Lottery Fund support
- That was the summer of 1963...
- We love to Boogie!
- A new take on how to experience Wolverhampton
- Star Mark helps out at Clinic Launch
- Grease is the Word
- What The Hell Are You Doing?
- Military Wives help Haven celebrate 40th Anniversary
- Merry Knitmas to You All!
- Coffee, Cake & Chat to support Cancer Charity
- Social Media Cafe can provide new ideas