City Centre Events for Fairtrade Fortnight
23rd February 2012
Residents and businesses in Wolverhampton are being encouraged to help Take a Step for Fairtrade and switch to buying or offering Fairtrade products such as tea, coffee or sugar during Fairtrade Fortnight.
Wolverhampton has been a Fairtrade City for eight years, and the Wolverhampton Fairtrade Partnership has arranged a series of events and activities to mark Fairtrade Fortnight which starts this Saturday February 25 and runs until March 11. These events include a special service at St Peter’s Collegiate Church from 3pm on Sunday February 26th, a Fairtrade Quiz at the University of Wolverhampton’s Student Union from 7pm on Friday March 2nd and a sale of Fairtrade gifts, food and crafts at the Civic Centre, Tuesday March 6th to Thursday March 8th from 10am - 4pm
A full list of events during Fairtrade Fortnight, along with a host of other information about Fairtrade, can be found at www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/fairtrade.
The efforts of Wolverhampton’s Fairtrade pioneers have been praised by International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell, who was in the city centre on Friday. He met representatives from the Wolverhampton Fairtrade Partnership and Revolver World, a community co-operative set-up by sister company Revolver Records to sell Fairtrade coffee in Uganda and Tanzania.
Fairtrade products can be found in numerous shops, cafe’s and churches throughout t the city centre including Yates, Don Salvo, Midcounties Co-op, Marks & Spencer, Wolverhampton Art Gallery Cafe, St Peter’s Cafe, Costa Coffee and Greggs. Darlington Street Methodist Church run a Fairtrade Store with food, beauty products and clothing every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell, with Wolverhampton Mayor Bert Williams and Lord Turner.
Jul 28, 2014Ciao Italiano!
Jul 17, 2014Last Night of the.....Pythons
Jul 17, 2014BBC’s World War One At Home Tour comes to Wolverhampton
Jul 02, 2014Celebrate Independent Retail in Wolverhampton
Jun 30, 2014Supermarket site near completion
Jun 23, 2014Hola to a spicy street trader!
Jun 23, 2014Happy 1st Birthday Shop in the Square!
Jun 20, 2014Archive project wins Heritage Lottery Fund support
Jun 11, 2014Head of High Streets Visits City Centre
Jun 05, 2014
WVone News Archives2010 News Archives
- Love Locks for One Direction at Light House
- Ciao Italiano!
- Last Night of the.....Pythons
- BBC’s World War One At Home Tour comes to Wolverhampton
- Celebrate Independent Retail in Wolverhampton
- Supermarket site near completion
- Hola to a spicy street trader!
- Happy 1st Birthday Shop in the Square!
- Archive project wins Heritage Lottery Fund support
- Head of High Streets Visits City Centre
- LGBT Volunteers Receive Queen’s Award
- Slam Dunk Hits Wolverhampton
- Business Consultation Meetings
- Teenage Market comes to Wolverhampton
- Southside scheme serves up a new business
- Operation Spring Clean to blitz Wolverhampton
- Wolverhampton Walking Festival Returns
- Wolverhampton Nightclub Wins Coveted Award
- Julian Clary announced as star of Grand Theatre's 2014 Pantomime
- Historic Wolverhampton street secures Lottery support
- Pubwatch - Giving The Night-Time Economy a Voice
- We love to Boogie!
- A new take on how to experience Wolverhampton
- Star Mark helps out at Clinic Launch
- Grease is the Word
- What The Hell Are You Doing?
- Military Wives help Haven celebrate 40th Anniversary
- Merry Knitmas to You All!
- Coffee, Cake & Chat to support Cancer Charity
- Social Media Cafe can provide new ideas